Welcome to San Diego Futures Foundation (SDFF) Adaptive Technology Program (ATP). ATP’s goal is, simply, to improve the lives of blind & visually impaired individuals. We aspire to equip individuals with the technological skills, tools and equipment they need to thrive as individuals and to become gainfully employed and competitive within the workforce despite their barrier.
Before determining training needs for blind and visually impaired individuals, ATP conducts a comprehensive technological assessmentto ensurethey recommend proper AT training. Furthermore, SDFF’s ATP revolves around one-to-one, tailored technology training for blind and visually impaired clients who are referred to SDFF by the Department of Rehabilitation or other Vocational Rehabilations programs.
ATP instructors integrate assistive and adaptive technology with other technological applications and programs, operating systems, and computer technologies. ATP trains on various technological devices includingcomputers, tablets/iPads, and phones/iPhones to best diversify our student’s skills for the workforce.
SDFF is currently teaching the following adaptive technology software and platforms:
- Computer Magnifiers
- ZoomText Fusion
- Computer Screen Readers
- ZoomText Fusion
- Window Eyes
- VoiceOver (Mac)
- Surface Pro
Software and programs
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Google Programs (Google Drive, Doc, Sheet, Slide, and Gmail)
- Email (Outlook and online email)
- Internet skills (Searching for jobs, filling out job applications, researching scholarly journals, online classes, social media, navigating resource websites and internet skills)
- Optical Character Recognition Software (OCR) (OpenBook, Kusswiel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- We can provide other Software and Program training when requested
If you are interested in gaining the skills that will give access to the world around through technology, please click on the button/link to start the process.
If you have any questions feel free to email ATProgram@sdfutures.org