The San Diego Futures Foundation (SDFF) values its relationship with you, and offers a 1-year warranty on the sale of used products, and the option to return most products purchased directly from SDFF within 30 days of purchase. The following document describes our policies related to warranties, return, and purchase terms and conditions. By purchasing equipment from SDFF, the customer agrees to the following:
WHAT IS COVERED?
The limited hardware warranty covers defects in materials in the hardware products you purchase from SDFF.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
This limited hardware warranty does not cover:
- Software, including the operating system and software or the reloading of software
- Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
- Servicing not authorized by SDFF
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by SDFF
- Products with missing or altered serial numbers
- Products for which SDFF has not received payment
- Normal wear and tear
- Batteries (30-day warranty applies)
- Light bulbs or projector lamps
- Cosmetic flaws
- Problems caused by viruses and spyware
- External causes such as accidents, abuse, problems with electrical power, misuse or mishandling of equipment, user-installed parts or upgrades.
- Infestation of insects or animals
All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt. All returns and exchanges must be made in person at the following address:
4283 El Cajon Blvd. #220
San Diego CA 92105
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION). SDFF’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD REFLECTED ON YOUR PACKING SLIP OR INVOICE. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
HOW LONG DOES THE WARRANY LAST?
The term of this Limited Warranty is 30 Days beginning from the purchase date shown on the invoice, receipt, or receiver provided at the point of sale or pick-up.
The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. SDFF may change the availability of limited hardware warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
WHAT IF I NEED WARRANTY SERVICE?
Contact SDFF via phone prior to returning product for repair or service. An SDFF service representative will help troubleshoot the issue and determine whether service is needed. Refer to the table below for contact information regarding warranty service:
SERVICE CENTER: 4283 El Cajon Blvd. #220, San Diego CA 92105
WHAT WILL SDFF DO?
During the 1-year limited hardware warranty, SDFF will repair any hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If SDFF is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable refurbished product.
When you contact SDFF, our technical staff will troubleshoot your issues over the phone to determine whether warranty repair or replacement service is needed. If we determine that the product requires warranty service, we will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number for you to include with the product when returned for service. You must return the product to us in its original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges if necessary, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment.
SDFF will make the equipment available for pickup at the address listed above. If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, the product will become available for pick up “as is” and we will notify you of the service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis.
Before you bring the product(s) to us, make sure to back up the data on the hard drive(s) and any other storage device(s) in the product(s). Remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information and removable media such as floppy disks, CDs, or PC Cards. We are not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary, or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media.
HOW WILL YOU FIX MY PRODUCT?
SDFF uses new and refurbished parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and in building replacement parts and systems. Refurbished parts and systems are parts or systems that have been returned to SDFF, some of which were never used by a customer. All parts and systems are inspected and tested for quality. Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited hardware warranty for the product you bought. SDFF owns all parts removed from repaired products.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Technical support for non-warranty issues is not provided.
- SDFF is not the manufacturer of the software or operating system and does not guarantee that software or operating system will be free from errors, either in isolation or in combination with hardware.
- The Warranty is not transferable.
- The Warranty is void if it is determined that the computer hardware was tampered with after the customer has taken delivery. The customer is permitted to add standard expansion parts or software at his/her own risk. Additional parts or software are not covered under this warranty, nor is any incidental damage caused by customer-added parts or software from 3rd party vendors.