SDFF knows that you rely on technology to achieve your mission, to serve the community. We offer nonprofits, charities and community organizations like yours with a range of refurbished hardware, from desktops and laptops to monitors and printers. Begin the process by reviewing our program guidelines.
- Be a federally approved 501(c)3.
- Your organization must reside in San Diego and provide services primarily to San Diego residents. We do give priority to small organizations with limited budgets and those that support County of San Diego’s Strategic Initiative (Download PDF). The initiative targets youth, safe and livable communities and the environment.
- Local schools qualify for our computer donation program.
Things you should know:
- SDFF is a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher.
- You request may take four to six weeks to process; time may vary.
- We do not take in-person or phone call requests; all requests must be made via our online application.
- Our ability to provide hardware and software is dependent on availability. Completing an application does not guarantee that you will receive any or all of the equipment you request.
- The quantity of refurbished equipment a non-profit organization can purchase is based upon availability and at SDFF’s discretion, per organization, per year.
- Donations to nonprofits are limited to 5 computers or fewer, per organization, per year. Organizations that need more than the maximum available for donation may apply to purchase additional equipment at low-cost.
- All recipients are required to sign license agreements limiting the sale or transfer of the donated equipment including software for a specified period of time.
- SDFF may ask you to provide more information about your organization before approving your application. The request may include information such as your 501(c)3 status, history, demographics, and referrals.
- Once your application has been approved, SDFF will contact you to schedule a specific date and time to pick up or have your computers delivered (delivery fees apply). SDFF will also provide all necessary pickup instructions including directions. If for any reason you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please contact the SDFF Hardware Department to re-schedule as your donation or purchase may be reallocated to another organization and your request may be postponed until additional equipment is available.
- Guidelines and additional information are subject to change without notice.