We are a team of passionate individuals who believe that equitable access to technology has a real impact on the under-served populations of our community in San Diego County. Join us on LinkedIn or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to stay informed of career opportunities with us here at SDFutures.
Coding/Software Development Instructor Read the full job description here
The Coding Instructor provides quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning and clear documentation of student progress
- Develop curriculum and training modules that meet the needs of the target population
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by program curriculum
- Work with other staff to manage, configure, and prepare classrooms for training
Customer Service Technician Read the full job description here
The primary role of the Customer Service Technician is to troubleshoot, test, replace hardware, update software, image computers, perform all tasks related to customer service, process transactions at the point of sales (POS), update SDFF computer repair ticketing system, and provide general information pertaining to all SDFF programs.
- Troubleshoot computer issues quickly and accurately
- Detailed documentation of repairs through ticketing system
- Replace computer components
Office Coordinator Read the full job description here
The Office Coordinator is the first point of contact between our organization and our community. The
primary function of this position is customer service and interaction with SDFF clientele and
administrative support to all departments of SDFF.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services
- Answer phones and transfer calls as appropriate.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.